Cannot log in
‘Please enter valid login credentials’
Users will receive this message if they enter a user name or a password that the System does not recognise. To troubleshoot this:
- Log in as an admin user with User Management access
- Find the user (if in doubt, search using ‘All View’) and note their email address, which = their user name
- Ask the user to check that they entered that email address when they entered user name
- If they are now using a new email address, ask them to log in using their former email address, hit My Profile, update their email address, and Submit; the System will automatically update their user name. Or you can do this for them (User Management > Find the user > Edit icon > update the email address > Submit)
- If that does not fix the problem, suggest they try ‘Forgot password’.
- If that does not fix the problem, you could try, via User Management, making any change to the user’s Profile (eg insert a comma in their street address) and Submit.
- If that does not fix the problem, it needs programmer intervention.
‘Please log in first’
This error message, when received after entering a valid user name and password, seems to indicate some kind of session interruption or duplication. Forgot Password won’t help. Ask the user to close their window and restart their computer. Try, via User Management, making any change to the user’s Profile (eg insert a comma in their street address) and Submit. If that does not fix the problem, it needs programmer intervention.
Q. As an admin user, can I see a user’s password?
A. No, for security reasons, we designed the System so that you cannot see a user’s password.
Birds nest fern, lower Musgrave Creek, Budawang National Park