How to book on an activity
- What’s On >> Current Activities
- Browse the list till you find an activity that interests you
- Hit the activity title (or the blue triangle, or the image) to see more detail
- Note whether the activity is ‘Need to book’ or ‘No need to book’. If ‘Need to book’ = no, and the activity is any day except a Wednesday, just make a note of the meeting place and time and turn up. If it’s on a Wednesday, please read the Wednesday Walks participation rules before you turn up.
- If ‘Need to book’ = Yes, hit ‘Request a Booking’. If you are a current member or registered guest, log in. If you are not a member or registered guest, hit ‘Continue as Guest’.
- If this is your first activity with this leader, please describe your fitness level and experience in the ‘Comments’ box.
- Hit ‘Send booking request’.
- The leader will contact you.
Q. I tried ‘Continue as Guest’ and got to the point where I type in my email address, but I get the message ‘this email address already exists’ and can get no further
A. You are already registered with the club – because you are a current or past member, or a current or past guest. People who are already registered cannot use ‘Continue as guest’.
If you are a current member or a current guest, you will need to log in to make a booking. If you don’t know your login details (Username and Password) contact the Membership Secretary, Walks Secretary or Web Manager.
If you are a past member i.e. your membership has expired you must renew your membership before you can make a booking. If you don’t know your login details ( your Username and Password) contact the Membership Secretary, Walks Secretary or Web Manager.
If you are a past guest i.e. you first walked with the Club as a guest more than a year ago, you must apply for membership before you can make a booking.
Q. I want to make a booking but there is no ‘Request a Booking’ button
A. The activity might be a ‘No-need-to-book’ activity. Go to the activity detail view and look for the ‘need to book’ field about half way down the page. If it is set to No, you cannot book.
Or the activity may have already started.
Or you may be logged in but your membership or guest registration has expired. Check your dashboard. If ‘My Bookings’ is not visible, your membership or registration has expired. If you were a member, you will need to renew your membership before you can make booking requests again. If you were a guest, you will need to apply for membership and your application will need to be accepted, before you can make booking requests again.
Q. For this booking, and only this booking, I want to change my details. How do I do that?
A. The System allows you to make one-off changes to your address and other data for a particular booking. For example, if, for a walk leaving on a Friday afternoon, you want to be picked up at work, not at your home address, you can make a one-off change to your Pick-Up Address. You do this in the Booking Request form, at the time you first submit your Booking Request. This one-off change does not affect your Profile.
The System presently does not allow you to change the details in your booking request after you have made the booking. If you really want to make a change, you can Cancel the booking and re-send the booking request with the new details, or you can contact the leader outside the System.
Q. When the System sends me emails about my bookings, it sends them twice
A. We’re sorry – we had to put the multiple-emails bug into the too-hard basket. We are not sure if the cause is in the software or is due to some kind of slowness on the server that hosts our site.
Image: Banksia serrata, Abrahams Bosom Nature Reserve, by Ross Andrews