Word Press – how to add a PDF
In a nutshell: upload the PDF to the Media Library. Attach the PDF. Edit the page and, when inserting the link, copy in the PDF’s ‘File URL’ not the Permalink or the File Name.
- Add New
- Media Library – check that your uploaded PDF is there. It will be Unattached.
- Attach (the Attach step does not always seem to be necessary)
- Search for the page to which you wish to attach the PDF, tick, Select
- You will be returned to the Media Library, with the PDF now ‘attached’
- Mouse over the name of the PDF, hit Edit
- Copy (Ctrl c) the File URL. Not the Permalink or the File Name. The File URL should contain the text ‘uploads’ somewhere in its name.
- Find the page to which you wish to attach the PDF (e.g. via Canberra Bushwalking Club > Visit Site)
- Edit Page
- Find the words on the page which will form the link e.g. ‘Risk form’; highlight the words and insert link (link icon or Ctrl k)
- Copy in (Ctrl v) the file URL
- Hit the arrow to ‘apply’
- Save and Exit
- View Page to check that the link works
Narrow leaf bitter pea, Daviesia mimosoides, above Punchbowl Creek, Namadgi NP, early November